The attorneys of Inman & Fitzgibbons, Ltd. represent companies throughout the Midwest and believe in a proactive and aggressive response to workplace injury claims. In our Workers’ Compensation defense practice, we advise and represent businesses from the initial notice of a Workers’ Compensation claim through arbitration and settlement. Often the matter can be resolved without a hearing if proper action is taken early in the proceedings. Servicing our clients is our attorneys’ top priority.
Whether the claim involves a parking lot fall, a repetitive trauma claim such as carpal tunnel syndrome, or a stress-related heart attack, our lawyers aggressively defend your business against non-compensable or fraudulent claims. We also defend businesses facing General Liability lawsuits.
Representing Your Business Before the Workers’ Compensation Commission
At Inman & Fitzgibbons, Ltd. we have represented employers and insurance companies in Workers’ Compensation since 1990. Most of our lawyers have more than 10 years of experience. We have extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant Workers’ Compensation laws. We are also familiar with all of the individual arbitrators who determine compensability issues and damages.
When a client asks us to defend them against a claim, we will determine:
- If the proper party is named as respondent
- If the respondent is covered by the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act
- If there is an employer-employee relationship
- If the alleged accidental injury arose out of and in the course of employment
- If there is a causal relationship between the alleged accident and the petitioner’s condition of ill-being
- If the claim has been brought in the proper jurisdiction
- If the Application for Adjustment of Claim has been filed within the allowable time frame
- If proper notice of an industrial accident was given to the employer
- The nature and extent of petitioner’s injuries
- Earnings, dependency, and medical expenses of the petitioner
- Temporary total and permanent disability exposures
- The range of likely awards at arbitration
- Service Plan for Workers Compensation and General Liability Defense
- Read more about how a claim works