Our firm’s client service plan is as follows:
- We will be available to receive inquiries and render legal opinions regarding our client’s legal matters regardless of whether the cases have been referred for defense.
- We will provide both in person and online legal education seminars at no cost to our client.
- When a legal matter is referred to our office for defense, we will:
1. Review the original file materials
2. Investigate the relevant facts
3. Research the applicable law if necessary
4. Provide a written analysis of the cause of action, including an outline of the facts, medical history, litigation status, and litigation budget. In our initial written analysis of the case, we will provide our legal opinions concerning compensability/liability and trial exposure, and make recommendations regarding the future handling of the case.
- We apply an early recognition theory in the aforementioned written analysis with recommendations for future handling. In doing so, we will:
1. Advise on the issue of compensability/liability and whether additional information is required to make such a determination.
2. Work with the claims specialist to determine firm deadlines by which the case should be classified as being prepared for settlement or disputed and prepared for litigation.
- Within thirty days from issuance of our initial case assessment letter, we will discuss the analysis and recommendations with the claims specialist to finalize our plan of action for the handling of the claim.
- We will provide the claims specialist with periodic updates.
- We will maintain updated litigation budgets, as required by the individual client’s specific client service instructions.
- Upon receipt of any substantive information, we will provide an analysis including the effect of same on our trial exposure and our plan of action for the future handling of the case.
- We will maintain regular communication with the claims specialist to better prepare the case for trial or settlement in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- For any case which will be tried, we will provide an analysis of the procedures and an accounting of the factors affecting our chances of prevailing including at the review and appellate levels. We will also estimate the litigation expense involved.
- We will invite the claims specialist to accompany the handling attorney to all hearings, trials and other proceedings.
- Once a case is tried to conclusion or settled, we will provide a closure letter to the claims specialist indicating the manner in which the case came to closure and any future implications of the decision, order, or settlement contract, agreement/release.
It is our firm’s goal to deliver the highest quality service and claim closure in a timely and cost-effective manner, and we maintain open and regular communications with our clients to achieve that goal.
Providing the highest quality service to the clients of Inman & Fitzgibbons, Ltd.
is our first priority.